[MinGW-Users] How to request additions to w32api?

Back to archive index
Eli Zaretskii eliz****@gnu*****
Thu Feb 11 03:18:27 JST 2021

What is the procedure for requesting updates to the MinGW w32api
package (header files and import libraries)?

I bumped into a few APIs introduced by Windows 10 which are not
covered by the import libraries (so the only way to use them is to
link against the DLL itself).  Is it enough to mention their names in
the ticket, or should I submit some additional information, like an
actual patch to the relevant .def file(s)?  (It is not clear to me
whether the *.def files are maintained by hand or are produced by some
tool.)

And what about the header files and the prototypes there, and also
definitions of struct's and constants that those newer APIs require?
Is it acceptable to use in our headers the definitions from MSDN?

Thanks.