[MinGW-Users] Looks like winver.h needs to include winapifamily.h

Back to archive index
Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] lavr****@ncbi*****
Thu Nov 26 03:06:24 JST 2020

Hi all,

It looks like "#include <winapifamily.h>" is missing from "winver.h", making, in particular, the C pre-processor to complain like this:

/usr/include/w32api/winver.h:159:29: error: missing binary operator before token "("
  159 | #if WINAPI_FAMILY_PARTITION (WINAPI_PARTITION_APP)

in sources that only include <winver.h> (and no other headers) -- for example, resource source files.

I'm building on the latest Cygwin (and I am certain there was no problem in the previous version until I upgraded the packages recently).

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anton